Oculoplastic surgery, also known as ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive, oculofacial or eye plastic surgery, primarily deals with the medical and surgical management of deformities and abnormalities of the eyelids, lacrimal (tear) system, orbit (bony socket) and the adjacent area in order to maintain, restore or improve function and appearance. The subspecialty of oculoplasty is an art that combines the meticulous detailed microsurgical techniques of ophthalmology with the aesthetic understanding of plastic surgery.
The following conditions require Oculoplasty services:
- Malposition of Eyelid- Droopy Eyelid (Ptosis)
- Disturbed Contour of eyelid (Eyelid Cysts or Tumors)
- Eyelids turning out or in (Entropion/Ectropion)
- Cosmetic Blemish requiring Eyelift (Blepharoplasty)
- Eyelid reconstruction following Trauma/Tumor (Cancer)
- Excessive watering due to tear duct or tear sac problems (Nasolacrimal Duct/ Canalicular Obstruction)
- Orbital Wall fracture
- Excessive blinking or uncontrollable eye closure (Blepharospasm)
- Excessive wrinkles / skin folds around eyes (Crowfeet)
- Paralysis affecting the face
- Thyroid imbalance
- Growths or Tumors (Cancers of Eye)
- Artificial (Prosthetic) eye secondary to loss of eye (congenital anophthalmia or acquired loss of eye due to injury or infection)
At Mahajan Eye Centre (MEC), we offer wide spectrum of treatment modalities, and cutting edge technology along with unparalleled expertise of extensively trained specialist to deal with all these oculoplasty problems. In addition, aesthetics procedures including Botox injections and injectable fillers (Restylane/ Perlane) are also performed at MEC under combined care of ophthalmologists and dermatologist.
To know more Oculoplasty, Orbital-Lacrimal Surgery and Ocular Aesthetics services at MEC please click here.